Posted in Parties | Tags : baby shower, bridal shower, bride, bridesmaid, DIY, party ideas, party planning, wedding
I love hosting showers. It’s one of my very favorite ways to love on our nearest and dearest. Last spring I hosted five showers in just three short month! It was an exciting challenge to create personable showers to fit the unique styles & personalities of my girlfriends.
Today I am sharing five pro tips for pulling together a thoughtful & unique shower your guest of honor will love!
1. Pick a theme: Picking a theme is easy if you know just what your friend loves. Is she modern or shabby chic? Does she love the outdoors or cuddled up indoors with a good book? For help, ask what her nursery colors are or the colors of her wedding and base your theme loosely off of that color palette. Check out her Pinterest boards for more ideas!
2. Gather thoughtful decor: Once you’ve chosen the theme, pull together special decor. If you are hosting a baby shower, gather baby photos or her childhood favorite books. If you are hosting a wedding shower, ask her family to bring their old wedding photos. Display these pieces thoughtfully among a pretty bouquet of flowers and handmade bunting for a personal touch.
3. Delicious Eats: Nothing says you are loved like baking her favorite treats! Ask her ahead of time for a list of her favorite foods. Whip up her favorite dips, slice her favorite fruit & don’t forget to order her favorite chocolate cake! She will be in food heaven as she mingles throughout the shower with her favorite plate of treats in hand.
4. Fun Sips: I love pulling together a fun punch, soda bar or garden cocktail for the showers I am hosting. Ask her what her drink preference is & the appropriateness of alcohol among those in attendance. Don’t forget water infused with cucumber or fruit for a refreshing choice!
5. Soak it up & Celebrate: Most importantly, soak up the fun of this special day & celebrate with your guest of honor! Don’t forget your hosting duties, but make every effort to not fret over the details and focus in on the joys of the day with your closest girlfriends & family members.
With this handful of simple tips, you are sure to host a thoughtful & unique shower perfect for your guest of honor!
Photography and content by Natalie of Natalie Creates
Comments are closed.